Sunday, October 25, 2015

Acne Hacks! 5 great tips from my personal experience.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I honestly don’t recall cursing anything as much as I have cursed ACNE!! Acne is a real pain in the butt, it is pure evil, never waits for the right time, date or place in fact a pimple will surface on your face right before the event you have been eagerly waiting for. I always picture it giving me an evil grin laugh while I stare at it in the mirror just waiting for me to pop it and well I have to admit most of the time I can't resist but to squeeze every last bit of pus out pretty much looking like Christian Bale from the poster of American psycho by the time I am done.

If you have been blessed oh no ‘gifted’ with a clear face you better pray to God everyday thanking him for it however if you're doomed like me keep reading.


Tips:
1: Use a separate face towel: The first thing I did when I first started getting pimples was that I got a separate small sized towel for my face. If you’re using one towel to dry your hands after washing them and dry your face after cleansing it, sadly, you may be putting excess bacteria from your hands onto your face, which can cause acne. I get pimples in the T zone and it's not severe but I still make sure my towel is clean and I wash my face twice a day among other things so a good hygiene is foremost also change your pillowcase atleast once a week.

2: Lighten up on makeup: If you love getting dolled up everyday for work/school or just to feel pretty you probably also need to ease up on makeup specially on your foundation because it tends to clog up pores but then again it depends on the type of foundation you use and on your skin, however its always good to allow your skin to breathe. Make sure you remove all of your makeup properly before you hit your bed or as soon as you don't need to wear it anymore.

3: Always surrender to blind pimples: A blind pimples is pimple which does not have the typical white head because it remains under the skin. Now don't even get me started on how much blind pimples have gotten on the very last nerve of mine. I only get them on my chin and frankly they have left marks on every possible place there is on my poor ol' chin. Its very tempting to poke or squeeze these due to the sheer amount of pain they cause so by all means DON'T! It causes infection and you will most likely welcome 2 or 3 more of these bad boys. You can apply lemon juice to speed up the healing process or apply toothpaste and leave it overnight.

4: Exfoliate Exfoliate Exfoliate!: That's right exfoliate 3 times a week, minimum twice. Exfoliation removes dead cells from your skin, freshens up, gives your face that lovely glow and ofcourse reduces the God-forsaken acne. I use St Ives Apricot scrub and it works wonders for me! It contains 2% salicylic acid which tends to dry out pimples also helps stop breakouts so always buy a scrub that contains salicylic acid if you want them pimples to die by a natural cause of dehydration!
5: Quit using different face washes: When I first started getting zits I would discontinue using a particular face wash by the end of the week if I was unhappy with the results and get a new one without reading off the ingredients present in it which pretty much irritated my skin, so my dear always do your research on your skin type before you buy a particular face wash if you're still not satisfied with the results I suggest you buy a safe soap but make sure to choose a gentle, nonabrasive and alcohol free one. Also medicated cleansers contain acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid, sodium sulfacetamide, or benzoyl peroxide, which can help clear up skin while cleaning it. Salicylic acid helps clear blocked pores and reduces swelling and redness. Benzoyl peroxide exfoliates the skin and kills bacteria. Sodium sulfacetamide interferes with the growth of bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment